Currently reading:
2 zone CH but 1 zone heats whole house

Discuss 2 zone CH but 1 zone heats whole house in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

I’d really appreciate some advice.

We moved into a new build 3 story town house last Monday. It’s got a Worcester boiler & 2 wireless thermostats (one by the front door, the other on the first floor landing).

When the downstairs thermostat asks for heat (to warm up the kitchen & lounge) every radiator in the house on all 3 floors gets hot. The upstairs thermostat is definitely not asking for heat.

I’ve checked in the boiler room and there are 2 RF receivers which seem to be paired correctly with the thermostats.

We’ve had the plumber who installed the system & the developer round - but when I tried to explain the problem, they both went straight upstairs and set the upstairs thermostat to ask for heat. The upstairs radiators started warming up (which they should do) and they turned the upstairs thermostat down again.

When I turned the downstairs thermostat up and took them back upstairs to show them the warm radiators, they explained this away as ‘residual heat’ from when they had just turned the upstairs thermostat up.

I’ll definitely be getting both the developer & plumber back again and demonstrating the fault to them properly.

My question is - why is this happening? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated to help me have it out with them!

Not necessarily show a picture of your airing cupboard. Cylinder pipework and valves
Picture as requested.

Hope this helps

15429224527658241416440789042317.jpg

15429224826066094712930211782795.jpg

A thermal image camera may be required.

It may be something a simple as moving the cylinder return so that it's the last return to the boiler, but yes, it may need some serious mess making then making good .

A thermal image camera may be required.

It may be something a simple as moving the cylinder return so that it's the last return to the boiler, but yes, it may need some serious mess making then making good .

Thanks Gibbs, your help is much appreciated and certainly given me half a chance to blag the builder into thinking i know what im talking about. It seems they will take any oppertunity to avoid snagging on our site and have pulled the wool over many of the owners eyes but not me.

I will update the thread once the plumbers have visited

Just ask him to read my posts. Including this one.

Building regs require 2 heating zones, having one rad come on upstairs does not constitute a heating zone, it constitutes a pipework installation problem that MUST be resolved for the builder to comply with building regs.

Reply to 2 zone CH but 1 zone heats whole house in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock