Currently reading:
2 Zone Heating - Upstairs B'room/Downstairs Stat

Discuss 2 Zone Heating - Upstairs B'room/Downstairs Stat in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sme

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with some advice? I recently moved into a new house and have raised something with the developer, who tells me that this is the way it's supposed to be...
The heating system has 2 zones, upstairs and downstairs. The strange thing is that the upstairs bathroom is on the same loop as downstairs and is controlled by the downstairs thermostat. This doesn't seem right to me.
The bedrooms and en-suite are all controlled by an upstairs stat. I can understand the hallway being controlled by downstairs as there's a rad at the bottom and the top, but the bathroom?
Is there someone who knows how this should be? I'm arguing the toss with the developer, but appreciate any advice you may have!

Thanks!

Probably because they know most people leave the heating upstairs very low or not used much at all, but people still want the bathroom nice and warm

Thanks Alex. That's the only logical explanation, but with the bathroon door open it just equalizes to upstairs temp so seems pretty pointless.

only logical explanation ,is that you are being fobbed off and they have put on wrong circuit,should be on hot water circuit if they were trying to be posh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 Zone Heating - Upstairs B'room/Downstairs Stat in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Back