Currently reading:
Ancient Thermecon floor standing boiler... Urgent plea for advice

Discuss Ancient Thermecon floor standing boiler... Urgent plea for advice in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Cari S

Hi,

Am looking after my elderly parents (90 and 94) at the mo... And noticed a burning rubber-ish smell from the back of the boiler earlier this evening.

When I looked at one of the G/Y ones relating to ? thermostat limit settings on the l/h side, I realised it had come loose (and was resting on a v hot pipe, so might be the source of the. smell).

However I'm not 100% sure where it was fastened. I've seen the instruction manual (because of course, they've kept it!) and I think I've connected it correctly, with the offending G/Y wire attached to the correct terminal. Also not touching boiling hot pipes anywhere.

Certainly we have no boiler lockdown error light, nor a ts limit light (but I dunno if the latter is bad or good).

Can't attach photos, I think, but happy to take some and send by alternative channels if needs be... Instinctively it feels I've done the right thing, mind, even though I have no clue about the finer details!!

Reply to Ancient Thermecon floor standing boiler... Urgent plea for advice in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back