Currently reading:
How do I remove a rounded off screw from kitchen mixer tap?

Discuss How do I remove a rounded off screw from kitchen mixer tap? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached photo. I tried using a rubber band with the screw driver but to no avail. Any tips on what I can do to get this screw out to get the spout off?

Attachments

• 20240228_215656.jpg
    20240228_215656.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 34
As above but if an Allen key doesn’t fit you can use a torx bit

As above but if an Allen key doesn’t fit you can use a torx bit
Thanks. I had originally used a torx bit head (T10) on my electric screwdriver the first time I undid it, which worked. But on trying again with the same one, it just kept spinning around and rounded it off somewhat and created a bit of a dome shape in the hole. The next size up I have is too big for it (T20), so will see if I can get an Allen key to fit.

T15 bit ? And once out replace the Allen bolt

Reply to How do I remove a rounded off screw from kitchen mixer tap? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back