Currently reading:
Mysterious Water Usage

Discuss Mysterious Water Usage in the Plumbers Talk Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sandra Kenny-Jones

Hello there. I'm hoping somebody can provide me with some guidance on an issue that's been ongoing now for over 2 years! Thames Water moved my home onto a smart meter and ever since then, the daily water usage is showing that water is being used every night between midnight and 7am. On average, it's in the region of 10-15 litres per hour so a considerable amount. They have confirmed that it's definitely not a shared meter issue and are adamant that I must have something on a timer that is using water overnight, but I don't. I have a Worcester Bosch combi boiler. The hourly water readings are normal during daylight hours and there are several hours where no water is being used in the day so it's definitely not a leak. Clearly I want to try and find out the source of the problem but don't have a clue where to start. Any ideas welcomed. Thank you everyone.

Thats really weird.

How do you heat your house and water?

Garden irrigation system?
I wasn't home - I was away. The image shows that even though I wasn't there, I was still "using water" in the early hours of the morning. I have sometimes been away for 3-4 nights and there is NO water used between 8am and 11pm but from midnight through to 8am there is anything between 1 - 15 litres an hour. I'm baffled.

Reply to Mysterious Water Usage in the Plumbers Talk Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back