Currently reading:
New builds zone valves on combi

Discuss New builds zone valves on combi in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, if anybody is out there that can give a little help would be great. I’m going from domestic plumbing into house bashing end of the month now I’ve been told the heating on new builds is zoned off even on combi boilers. Could anybody just shine some light on how to pipe this system up. The zone valves would be in a cupboard upstairs. Thanks.

I am sorry Craig but where does it state TRVs are only recommended ?
a. Each space heating circuit should be provided with:
  1. independent time control, and either:
  2. a room thermostat or programmable room thermostat located in a reference room[6] served by the heating circuit, together with individual radiator controls such as thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) on all radiators outside the reference rooms, or individual networked radiator controls in each room on the circuit.
I can't ever remember a time there couldn't be installed if they were not where before.
You are the pro's guys, why is it so difficult to say up to date with what is required ?
The link I posted is the proper current Part L requirements, it just requires a small amount of reading
I am not being funny bogrodder but why would you be relying on an architect to tell you the requirements for a heating system? I can understand your frustration with BCO you should know but seem to no be interested in any of it.

"Hoist by his own Petard" I think is the correct response here Craig! You were quite correct & I was wrong (very red faced :oops:).

It is a good job I no longer teach the Part L and I promise to do CPD on it in the future.

Just to be clear that the option to not install TRVs (or similar) applies just to a straight boiler swop only. If it is a new install or heating pipework is altered or rads are replaced they must be added.
Sorry Craig, (I am sitting here stuffing my face with humble pie)

Reply to New builds zone valves on combi in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Back