Currently reading:
Water inlet: hole in the ground/hose - is this okay?

Discuss Water inlet: hole in the ground/hose - is this okay? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am concerned about the water inlet and its entry point.

There is a hole in what I think is the original floor, with some loose rock etc around the water inlet which sits within it and it is not a metal pipe I was expecting, but what looks like a plastic hose. Picture attached and here -
Assuming this needs fixing, what should this look like/needs to be done please?

Attachments

• water inlet - Copy.jpg
    water inlet - Copy.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 16
The short section of blue pipe looks to be mdpe that's no problem.
However I would be investigating the connection below it see what it's connected to.
Unless your competent to deal with any sudden leaks maybe get a plumber in.

The short section of blue pipe looks to be mdpe that's no problem.
However I would be investigating the connection below it see what it's connected to.
Unless your competent to deal with any sudden leaks maybe get a plumber in.
Than you so much. There is no leak that I can see, but there certainly is moisture. so I should dig a little deeper and see where it goes - where should it go?

Run your hand around the green tube I’m guessing outside tap feed looks damp

Reply to Water inlet: hole in the ground/hose - is this okay? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock