Currently reading:
URGENT What is this boiler noise? Is it dangerous?

Discuss What is this boiler noise? Is it dangerous? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

In the last few days our boiler has started making a strange vibrating noise for about 10 seconds at a time every now and then (sometimes every few hours, sometimes more often). I’ve made a video – the vibrating noise begins on about 30 seconds:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ImAIxBVR8VJZD31OYnQfX2zzkKZdpF2/view

Not being qualified or competent with such things, I’ve done nothing myself other than a). bleed the radiators, and b). check the external pipe for obstructions, and I most certainly won't be doing anything else.

I’m assuming I need a boiler engineer, but a few quick questions:

1. Is it dangerous and/or urgent (to avoid damage)? In other words, while I’m waiting for the engineer, should I turn the boiler off or is it ok to keep on?

2. Should I ask for a service, or a repair? Is it likely that the service will remedy the problem?

3. Any idea what might be the cause?

Thanks in anticipation. :)

Needs sorting but you can wait a day or two eg if the engineer is busy but needs sorting

Repair when was the last time you had a service?

the boiler sorry can’t say any more incase someone try’s a diy repair as it’s an open forum

Yep, pressure is in green. It was about 1.5 bar, I bled the radiators bringing it down to pretty much zero, then brought it up to 1.0. Whatever the pressure is, it still vibrates. Sorry, I forgot to say, last service was just over 2 years ago - I know that's not ideal, just didn't get round to it last year. :(

I know you guy can't give too much detail in case it encourages someone to try an (illegal) DIY repair, but does it sound like it's like to be a very serious problem? Is it going to cost the earth to fix?

Last edited:

Reply to What is this boiler noise? Is it dangerous? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock