Currently reading:
22 mm Solvent Weld Overflow

Discuss 22 mm Solvent Weld Overflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All. I was all set to buy 3 x 3m 22m Hunter overflow pipe, 6 x 90° bend ,2 x 135° bend ,2 x Straight connectors + 125mm solvent cement.
All this was going to be purchased locally at Buildbase at just over £30 which I have no problem with. Prices were checked last week online + stock.
Went back on today and the prices have just over doubled!! In fact the price has gone from just over £30 to £66??? 22mm Straight connector £3.11 up from £1.57p, 125 mm solvent up from just over £7 to £15.01!!

I though holy moses that is a big hike in prices, I have emailed them just in case there is a mistake in the pricing but not heard back. Done another search I can get the same as above but 250mm solvent cement + Solvent Cleaner & including p.p for around £25 less (Bradfords Building Supplies).
I did read that some pipe is only 21.5 mm so best to buy all fittings from the same seller. I then noticed Wickes also sell 22mm overflow pipe & fittings. The pipe is solvent weld but the fittings are dual purpose push fit or solvent weld and a lot lot cheaper.
The only problem I can see is they do not sell a 135° angle. My question is if I purchased the Wickes 22 mm pipe & fittings and the Hunter 135° can you visualize any problem with compatibility as a far as size is concerned? I know they are both 22mm but and there is always a but would they actually fit each other?
If there could be a problem I would rather buy all Hunter fittings to be sure.
Thanks for any input

Snowhead,now that is spooky!!! I had all the different individual fittings bookmarked and on each one I clicked there was a price rise. In fact it did not matter what fitting you purchased ,90,135 or straight they were all £3.11p

I think it will be wise if I first phoned up to check prices then go and buy them.
Thanks for checking and letting me know.

As above open a trade account with one of out sponsors and get a great price across the range

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock