Currently reading:
Blocked secondary heat exchanger?

Discuss Blocked secondary heat exchanger? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philbury

I have a 7 year old Glow Worm 30 cxi combi installation. The hot water fluctuates from hot to cold ie boiler overheats and cuts out then comes back on again.
From what I've been told I suspect blocked plate heat exchanger. As I understand it a powerflush would not clear that but it would require removal and individual flushing in the yard.

Can anyone make any helpful suggestions? Thanks.

Phil, London

Hi Phil,
If your Power-flush is carried out properly it will clear your heat ex-changer. Also have a MagnaClean filter fitted on the return pipe just before your boiler to stop any future build up.

It will clear the main heat exchanger if you power flush though boiler but not necessarily secondary plate heat exchanger,this should be removed and done separately to get correct results

As said if your system requires a power flush it wold be good to fit a magna clean or other similar devise

imho

Because it's showing F14 fault, Glow Worm technical reckon it could be a thermistor, but the guy on the phone sounded clueless and just reading from the manual...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock