Currently reading:
Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework.

Discuss Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Wondering should i change a system boiler with a combi if I have underfloor pipes in a single storey 2 bed 90s bungalow There are only 9 bungalows in the close and I was told 2 of these had leaks in floor when they changed to a combi by a neighbor. He said as he was an engineer he would not advise the change as it was something to do with the different pressures the boilers operate on. What are the issues ? is it not advisable to use a combi for under floor piping. wouldn't I just need to suck out the underfloor pipes and cap them off and then run new pipework down the walls. I must admit I did have a burst water pipe in my previous house and that was a under floor network also with a combi boiler. It doesn't put me off though as I need the space downstairs as well as the loft space. Any advice on this subject would be much appreciated , cheers guys.

System boilers have a pressurised heating circuit like a combi so I doubt it's that. More likely those leaking combi installs were power or chemical flushed and that might've upset some already weak or poorly installed/insulated underground pipework.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock