Currently reading:
Combo cylinder tank overflowing

Discuss Combo cylinder tank overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

d welsh

I have a problem with a combo emersion economy 7 overflow leaking from feed tank at top,I reduced water level and replaced part 2 ballvalve, but 4/5 hours later overflow leaking again,cylinder has no makers name and is covered in fake lookalike leather cover,stopcock in kitchen has pressure gauge above reading 2/half bar,blending valve on side of cylinder Is oventrop manual,customer had new leaver tap fitted in kitchen 6/7 weeks ago ,I isolated hot feed to tap thinking cold feed was maybe bypassing thru in to cylinder then to tank overflow above but after 4/5 hours tank overflow leaking again customer had a bloke round from yellow pages and offered to extend overflow pipe on outside wall in to gutter for around£ 150' but this won't cure fault,she has individual basin taps and shower bath mixer any advice would be welcome

Have you turned off mains water ? Sounds like coil holed, water got to come from somewhere

Isolate the bath/shower mixer to prove its not that. If it's not that isolate the heating tank.

Sounds like it may be a thermal store rather than a cylinder. If so I'd go with coil failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock