Currently reading:
Condensate Down a Rainwater Downpipe?

Discuss Condensate Down a Rainwater Downpipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PowerFlusher2

My mate is looking at having a new combi boiler installed (the old one is not a condensing boiler) and one of the installation quotes says that the condensate will be taken from the room to the outside and connected into the existing roof rainwater giuttering downpipe (which is actually the other side of the fence dividing the back gardens - which is another problem). Is it 'legal' to route the condensate down the rainwater downpipe? I know that allowing the condensate to 'flush' into rainwater guttering is not allowed but can't find anything about running it into the downpipe, in the same fashion you could into a stink pipe, if there was one available.

it all depends on the drainage system the property has. If its a combined drain so the foul and rain water go into the same system then it can be connected. If the rain water and foul are seperate drains then the rain water goes into a surface water drain and you can not connect to it. You can use neutrailsers but they cost alot to keep replacing/servicing.

As regards the pipe crossing a boundary i would think its not advisable without permission.

what about use one of these? http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpi...=Search-_-SearchRec-_-Area3&_requestid=731384 ;)

without lifting drains and etc how can we tell if its combined sewage and rainwater

just phoned the water company. the area is one where foul water and rainwater are taken away down separate drains so untreated condensate down the rainwater downpipe is a definite no, no, GBP5000.00p fine for sending untreated condensate down a rainwater gulley!

Last edited by a moderator:
install a soakaway, or you need a codensate pump which will pump the condensate to his soil stack.

As already stated you need a combined drain and if memory serves me correct you also need to have an air gap or mini hopper head/tundish on the condensate to prevent any backfill of condensate . Check the MI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

Similar plumbing topics

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock