Currently reading:
Electric & Electrical | Help please, new device to me

Discuss Electric & Electrical | Help please, new device to me in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please, new device to me{/b}

This MCCB is in a distribution board in the consumer half of a substation at a school

1719395987067.png

We've now tested everything downstream of this (and another 2 similar devices).

My current understanding is that the maximum PSSC to operate this device a maximum of 3 times is 50% of the Icu, so 12.5kA , and I also need to take account of any percentage that may be set to bias the instantaneous trip. And that is all I know!

Can anyone educate me further? Is it a matter of trying to find manufacturer data regarding time/current graphs, let through figures, etc?
I'm needing to prove the distribution circuit is safe and adequately protected.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Click Help please, new device to me to continue reading this thread.

This content has been posted from our Electrical Advice website. You're welcome to reply to the question or post your own question, whether DIY or professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Replies
Views
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock