Currently reading:
Electrician Cable sizing earthing conductor

Discuss Electrician Cable sizing earthing conductor in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Cable sizing earthing conductor

Hi all,

Hope you're keeping well

I'm currently wiring a small commercial premises. 3 phas incoming supply, 16sq cables

As it is in an urban area with a busy pedestrian street on both sides of the building I had to drive the earth rod just inside the door of the premises. However it is located about 30m from the distribution board. Could anyone tell me how I would calculate whether I would need to run a 16sq earth cable or if 10sq would be sufficient. I'm conscious if a large fault current were to flow and 10sq being adequate.

Building is also neutralised. Which brings me to my next question. If a premises is neutralised, why the need for an earth rod.

Appreciate any advice here. Thanks

Cable sizing earthing conductor for more information

You may reply to this message here.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Article
Replies
Views
An Buachaillín Bán
A
S
Replies
Views
S
B
Replies
Views
B
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock