Currently reading:
Electrician Electric meter advice

Discuss Electrician Electric meter advice in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Electric meter advice

To be clear I have no intention of messing with this, I just need to pick a few brains on the following.

British gas are sending me this on a regular basis, a ploy I think to get me to install a smart meter which i don't want.

"The radio service that supports your meter is being switched off. So we need to replace your electricity meter to make sure it continues to work after June 2025.
Your current meter switches rates using a radio signal, helping your meter change between day and night rates. This is often used by people who have electric storage systems, panel heaters or immersion heaters in water tanks – as some of these typically charge up overnight."

My current meter is an AMPY Reporter 5184A which, if I have read the manual correctly Ampy 5184A manual doesn't have a radio connection.
Have I got this right and its a BG trick to get me to swap to a smart meter?

Electric meter advice for more information

You may reply to this message here.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock