Guest viewing is limited

Currently reading:
Electrician How to identify presence of an earth electrode

Discuss Electrician How to identify presence of an earth electrode in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

How to identify presence of an earth electrode

Hello to all you fine folk out there.

I have a question regarding earth electrodes.

I've had two periodic inspections/EICRS recently, where I haven't been able to locate the earth electrode. I am guessing they are installed but have possibly been covered over by new patio extensions and other ground works. The reason I say this is that in both cases, they are small 3 bed houses. I have identified my neutralising links, and there are 3 other 10sq earth cables at the MET at the distribution boards. I know two are doing the bonding of gas and water.
So I'm guessing the other is going to the earth rods.

Is there a way I can test to find out if an earth rod is installed? I remember a guy telling me a while back to disconnect the neutralising link and perform a test across main L, N and E? If result I'd up around 200M ohms then there is an earth rod but I'm not too sure about all this.

Any help I'd really appreciate
Thanks

How to identify presence of an earth electrode for more information

You may reply to this message here.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

Similar plumbing topics

R
Replies
Views
Masood
M
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back