Currently reading:
Electrician Unusual lighting wiring?

Discuss Electrician Unusual lighting wiring? in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Unusual lighting wiring?

Hi. Today I was at a friend's house having a look at a couple of lights that weren't working (turned out that quite simply one of the neutrals had worked its way free in the first rose).

It was all too tight to see for definite, but I think the wiring was basically as per the drawing I have attached.

Could this be correct? In the "old days" was there a 3 core cable that was red/blue/black/yellow???

If so is this method common? I've only been taught loop in at the rose, or loop in at the switch (or JB method) so it's been a real headscratcher to try and work out.

Unusual lighting wiring? for more information

You may reply to this message here.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock