Currently reading:
Friend's CH system, how's it work?

Discuss Friend's CH system, how's it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmogLee

My mate has a Combi boiler in a very, very large house. I think he has at least 3 bathrooms.

He has radiators and they all have TRVs except the one in the hall.

He reckons he doesn't have a room stat anywhere in the house.

Can this be the case? How does the house call for heat?

hi if he has a house that big are you sure the combi is big enuff to cope? normaly if there was 3 bathromms ans so on... he would have a mega flow?

p.s. that was a friend sitting at my computer, not me having a spurt of plumbing knowledge. :p

Last edited:
hi. Via a timer

Yes, I understand that, but what would stop the heating coming on in the summer?

I know the TRV's will in each room, but not the uncontrolled one.

hi if he has a house that big are you sure the combi is big enuff to cope? normaly if there was 3 bathromms ans so on... he would have a mega flow?

p.s. that was a friend sitting at my computer, not me having a spurt of plumbing knowledge. :p

Maybe it is a megaflow.. I haven't inspected it. Nor would I recognise one.

It's just odd to me the lack of controlability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I understand that, but what would stop the heating coming on in the summer?

I know the TRV's will in each room, but not the uncontrolled one.

Maybe it is a megaflow.. I haven't inspected it. Nor would I recognise one.

It's just odd to me the lack of controlability.

like our combi here. there is a summer/winter switch. switched to winter the heating works via timer, switch to summer and its hot water only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock