Currently reading:
Ground source heat Pumps

Discuss Ground source heat Pumps in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps Discussion Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren bastin

Gas Engineer
went today to repair some steel heating pipes in a massive old building. pipes are as rotten as a pear. Customer informed me that they are having the existing heating and rad pipework (which by the way is a one pipe system) linked up to a ground source heat pump. My understanding is that the flow and return temps are 45 degrees so you have to increase rad sizes etc Also would the system have to be sealed ? Cust adamant that no upgrading is happening within the building.

Does any body want to comment ?

sounds like a recipe for disaster! yes the system would be sealed due to the higher flow rates can't see any bonafide company taking this on without upgrading rads and pipework

not a cat in hells chance of an old one pipe system being functional let alone efficient when heated by any heat pump, air or ground source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock