Currently reading:
Massive Electricity Bill!?!

Discuss Massive Electricity Bill!?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brooky

Hello Folks,

My plumber installed an economy 7 MegaFlow water heater about 6 months ago. Since this our electricity bill seems to have trippled!!

It has a switch for day and night. I was never told how I should use it. Do you think my bill has gone up so much as we shower in the morning and the day heater element is switched on.

Isn't it normal practice to keep both the day and night power set to on?! I can't find an end user manual.

Turn the day switch off ,this should only be used if you run out of hot water in the day time ,as a booster
The main cylinder should be heated up at night on cheap rate electricity,check with you power supplier find out exactly when this is,see if you can get any discounts as you are all electric customer
What is probably happening at the moment is you are heating the tank up to temp just before cheap rate starts and not using cheap rate at all
Also ring round electricity suppliers and see who offers best rate/deal for your siduation

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
That sounds like good advice puddle.

I have recently started to build a solar power network to cover at least some of my electrical needs. Saving and generating works for me.... It's a DIY project:

Solar Power and Wind Turbine Power for Free

Also available is a design for a wind powered turbine, in case youre in a cloudy area....

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock