Currently reading:
Megaflow CL145

Discuss Megaflow CL145 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ukbeerman

Hello all
I am an ex plumber now working as a Beer tech
please help me out here.

I have moved home and now have a megaflow CL145 sys
all works well, ish, but in the cupboard by the megaflow there is a zone valve, the top of which is off the body lying on the floor.
looking at it (sunvic) it is not the original unit
and the wiring has been altered in the wiring centre

I wish to replace this unit back to the original and put back the wiring to original spec too

So can someone tell me which zone valve came with th CL145 orginally

Many thanks for you time

Regards ukbeerman

PLUMB111
Thanks for the link, cant find zone valves on it though
will need the exact one i think?
Anybody got this info?
Regards

Hi
Some of the valves were sunvic and some were honeywell however they are all spring close type, actuators requiring power to turn to close position are not allowed
This is because they are fitted to protect the cylinder from over heating as well as controlling hot water temperature and hot water on and off,therefore when high limit activated, it turns power off the valve and spring just pulls valve closed stoping cylinder being heated any longer,stay due to a faulty boiler thermostat
In the early days we had to fit two valves as one was the safety valve only that would close if cylinder overheated, this was just wired up from permanent live through high limit to keep open and the other was for hot water control
Now we can use the one valve that is wired through hot water controls and high limit thermostat
Anyway you can fit any sprung return two port valve , the main thing is that you fit one as soon as possible as by rights the system should not be heated up without a valve fitted for reasons explained above

Last edited by a moderator:
puddle
Thanks for the reply
This makes sence, the one fitted is not sprung return
point taken about cyl overheat etc
ill gut a new one and re-wire it

Thanks ukbeerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock