Currently reading:
Overflow drip

Discuss Overflow drip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

For years my mums has overflow has dropped.

She's due home from rehab soon & been at her place with the spark as stair lift going in.

Anyway, this drip has been investigated by BG as she has her insurance etc. Never fixed.

I got in the loft - f & e not over flowing - pic attached.

Fortic tank not over flowing although cold part at top has a lot of condensation in it.

It's a mystery.

Any thoughts please?

Thx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446308511.874554.jpg

does it over flow at a same time in the week eg 2am in the night etc?

I'll ask my mum tomorrow if she knows what time, when hot water is turned on at controls etc.

What are you thinking?

I'll ask my mum tomorrow if she knows what time, when hot water is turned on at controls etc.

What are you thinking?

if the heatings on expansion and maybe a blockage somewhere and the pumps forcing a wee bit of water up

BG said it was the pump, turned it down, turned it up, no change

tbh if it hasnt had a drain down for a while shove some a few bottles of cleaner in and let it work for a month or two and see if that helps

Ok. I'll see if it only happens when heating is on only.

and if you see the water rising feel the temp if its warm its coming up the feed pipe

Ok, the water is black. Hasn't been drained down for years I imagine

could do with a few bottles of cleaner then, and if the mains pipe work looks ok maybe a mains flush just incase :)

and if you see the water rising feel the temp if its warm its coming up the feed pipe

Should i put heating on & get it loft then to see if f&e tank water rises?

In that tank I can see about 3/4 inches above water line white stain on sides of tank. Pic doesn't show it well.

Should i put heating on & get it loft then to see if f&e tank water rises?

In that tank I can see about 3/4 inches above water line white stain on sides of tank. Pic doesn't show it well.

yea put heating on jump in loft and see if rises, if it does feel the feed hole if you can feel water coming up there your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock