Guest viewing is limited

Currently reading:
Overflow help

Discuss Overflow help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi.

Outside my property, looking up towards the roof. There are 2 little white pipes sticking out. 1 is leaking water. Not just a trickle. Its quite fast!! Its coming from the cold water tank in the loft!

I have emptied the tank by turning off the stopcock and running the hot water tap in the bath. Then i slightly bent the brass pipe (which attaches to the ballcock). Then refilled the tank.

Overfill pipe is still leaking.

Have I not bent to brass pipe enough?

Imgur

Im rubbish at diy!!! I did theabove based on google searching!

I will have to watch the video tomorrow when I get into a wifi zone as watching a video eats my data!!

when I lift the arm up the tank stops filling. So is that definately the washer? Or do i need a full new brass arm?

Yeh defo da washer, a 30p item lol

Could also be the float no longer floating due to a split.

Get a complete new ball cock, circa £5.00 Unnecessary to completely remove original as part entering tank can be split and new fitted at this point.

So based on the photo I have shown above does it all look ok? Shall i just get a new washer? Where does the washer bit go?

So based on the photo I have shown above does it all look ok? Shall i just get a new washer? Where does the washer bit go?

It goes in the plumbers hands when he is changing it

Save yourself the grief and get a plumber in to change it

From your questions you do seem very novice. This could go horribly wrong.

If it is the washer that needs changing it is a quick fix for a plumber and you are assured that nothing else will be damaged in the process

We are all for DIY but if your not competent then it isn't going to end well

As they say above - Get a plumber in. I wouldn't bother replacing just they washer. A lot of the time the ball valves get so corroded with limescale that you wouldn't undo the service nut anyway. Best just fitting a whole new ball valve.

a plumber would charge you an hour labour plus parts. it would take him more time to get his steps and tools out the van than to change it.

b81619c9-852d-4b92-b928-c5b6539988dc_zpscgimadvu.jpg

Does anyone know a plumber in sheffield? Im so skint though :/

Someones just said its almost without doubt the diagphram has split and that my valve isnt a normal one. Is that true? Photo is in my first post

Alot of the time the diaphram washers go hard leave a back mess when you take them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back