Currently reading:
overflow problem

Discuss overflow problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigern1956

Hi ! Is there anybody that can tell me why I'm getting hot water back into the central heating header tank in the loft causing it to overflow ? And any remedies . thanks in advance !

Hi bigern & welcome
It could be down to a number of different things if it tends to just be when the system first comes on & then stops it is what we call pumping over & is normally down to incorrect installation but can also be blocked pipe or valve failure.

If central heating water is very hot water and system is very noisy it is likely to be a failed boiler thermostat & you need to turn it off & call someone asap (likely to be steam in the loft but take care lifting the hatch).

Has it been doing it long?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock