Currently reading:
Replacement Diverter valve for obsolete tap

Discuss Replacement Diverter valve for obsolete tap in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
I have a Bristan Matrix Bath Shower Mixer Tap, the diverter valve has been temperamental for some time and has finally failed with a split rubber washer. The tap is obsolete and spares are no longer available.
(I have contacted Bristan.)
The bath is built in and access to the tap is not possible without a lot of dismantling.

Does anyone recognise the washer, (dimensions are approximately 25mm dia by 10mm thick at widest point)?
Vado have a matrix tap that looks very similar to the Bristan; is there a chance that the diverter valve is the same?

Thanks
Jim

Attachments

• Matrix Tap.jpg
    Matrix Tap.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Diverter_Valve.jpg
    Diverter_Valve.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Washer.jpg
    Washer.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 11
The Bristan Regency diverter has a possibly similar washer. The drawing gives some dimensions. Sorry, don't know if it will fit, but if the o/d is enough, the hole could be sorted with a bit of fettling!
Might work if you can get the nut/washer off the bottom of your diverter.
PS I can't immediately see a source of the washer on it's own, but the below might at least give you a chance of repair.
Alternative is to cut/turn your own version of a washer. There are 25mm x 10mm hole x 10mm thick plain rubber washers available to modify.

IMG_0618.jpeg

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Pauline Wilkinson
P
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock