Currently reading:
Replacing a pressure reducing valve

Discuss Replacing a pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FrankieF

Hi people,
I need to replace a pressure reducing valve on a heatrae megaflow h/w cylinder, not replaced one before on a pressurised system, has anybody any tips on the best way to go about it...?
Particularly in refilling, after draining the system?:confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated......:)

i might be wrong but unless you have completed the training and have a ticket for unvented you cannot work on it and if ur asking how to work on a pressurised system you shouldnt be asking
sorry for being blunt but unvented is as bad as gas

yes you are right newbie, these systems are dangerous and are not ment to be messed about. you need proprer trainning and ticket to touch these systems.

Yeah, sorry guys. Didn't realise, I am qualified to C&G, and have had training on them, but only in college, not in the home, so just wanted to be extra careful, that is all. As I was only replacing the valve, thought it may have been simple.....

have you asked the home owner for the manual ? before touching it I would find a copy of the manual or speak to the manufacturer, you have got to use the manufacturers recommended parts. You must not fit anything else just to get them out of trouble,

I think its 1ltr of water is equal to 1600 ltrs of steam, you can't afford to make a mistake.

Is it pressure reducing valve on cold inlet or the pressure/expansion relief valve on expansion side? (just asking as similar names) Or is it a combination part...Has the seating gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys,
the part in question is a pressure reducing/release combination, on the cold inlet, after taking further advice, the part has been replaced. It happens to be a really simple process on the megaflow, as you only have to drain down, and replace the part....when filling back up, the megaflow does the rest, thye air gap is automatically created.
Thanks for all your help...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

Similar plumbing topics

B
Replies
Views
Bobert
B
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock