Currently reading:
the vampire

Discuss the vampire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

whats the craic,
i 've posted a similar thread some time back in relation to a dhw heating set up.
there will be 2 showers in constant use {hair salon]the building has electric storage heaters and no hot water{1 or 2 undersinks ]
i am going to use the mains water pressure ,with a large pipe bore to increase flow rate.cold in hot out.
some kind of electric heating element set up is what i'm after.
i m thinking would i need to store a large amount of water [300l cylinder maybe]
what i need to know is if u have fitted something that might sort me on this one ,roughly a price and 100% competance for the 2 showers[constant use] i looked at the megaflo 300l unvented cylinder .this has 3 emersions-the price was 1800 euro in heat merchants:eek:

Hi Buff, consider using an electric instantaneous water heater. I have fitted 5 or 6 or of the Ariston type and can strongly reccemmend them, if you get the lower KW rated you don't need to provide blow off or expansion as long as the the CWS supply run is long enough from the stopcock to the heater.

Run the HWS and CWS through to the salon and fit either individual TMVs for each outlet or one TMV and provide a balanced flow form that. Obviously if you fit one TMV consider running everything in 22m, but equally bear in mind that the limiting factor will be output from the heater. I'm putting together an estimate for a similar project and the sticking point for me is the actual mixer arrangement. I'll probably go for a couple of bar showers bolted to chrome backing plates monted on the unit to which the head wash basins are fixed.

Hi Buffy27
Instead of a megaflow why not use an unvented air source hot water cylinder I have installed a few of them now and they work really well I also have been told of one that has been installed in a restaurant taking excess heat from the kitchen to heat the hot water if you want more details let me know
Regards
Mike

Re:

Just started a plumbing nvq and wondered if anyone could explain how a double check valve operates? Much appreciated.

whats the craic,
i 've posted a similar thread some time back in relation to a dhw heating set up.
there will be 2 showers in constant use {hair salon]the building has electric storage heaters and no hot water{1 or 2 undersinks ]
i am going to use the mains water pressure ,with a large pipe bore to increase flow rate.cold in hot out.
some kind of electric heating element set up is what i'm after.
i m thinking would i need to store a large amount of water [300l cylinder maybe]
what i need to know is if u have fitted something that might sort me on this one ,roughly a price and 100% competance for the 2 showers[constant use] i looked at the megaflo 300l unvented cylinder .this has 3 emersions-the price was 1800 euro in heat merchants:eek:
any one else

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock