Currently reading:
Tightening galvanised pipe and fittings

Discuss Tightening galvanised pipe and fittings in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

C

Chris Pink

I have a threaded galvanised tube between 2 T-pieces. I can’t screw the t-pieces onto the tube - they’re already sealed to the spur. So the only way I can screw the pipe between them is to screw it all the way into one side then screw it halfway into the other (by unscrewing from the first end) . So neither is tight.

How do I seal this? I can see that I can use enough PTFE tape on the 2nd end but by un tightening the first end halfway won’t I destroy that seal?

What’s the proper way to do this? I have three tubes in my setup to do this to.

Ok, thanks, so that would mean screwing 3 up tight and then loosening them a quarter for the last one? Or do you mean something different to a straight coupler?

It’s not a coupling

Or a long screw and back nut

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock