Currently reading:
Unvented hot water tank dripping for 2 hours on overflow

Discuss Unvented hot water tank dripping for 2 hours on overflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

polly_31

Hi all,

Wonder if somebody can provide me with some advice on a CenterStore 120 unvented hot water tank.

The unit has two power inlets - 1 on the ECO7 and 1 for the booster. The main source to heat up the water is via ECO7 which switches on about 2200 and will heat up the water over night.

Approx. 6 month ago I noticed that the hot water tank starts drips via the water overflow valve short after the tank is switched on via ECO7.

The dripping will only last for about 2 hours till (I believe) the set water temperature is reached and will than stop dripping (About 1 drip every second).

At any stage the water pressure is always as expected and I wonder if this is a normal behavior?

The hot water tank is about 4 years old, and didnt not see this at the beginning of the installation. Wondering if the constant on/off switching due ECO7 could have damaged something or if its normal, but than after approx. 2 hours the dripping stops.

Any advise would be appreciated.

regards,
Chris

Time to get a G3 engy in

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock