Currently reading:
Unvented Megaflow puzzle!

Discuss Unvented Megaflow puzzle! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heinz57

I changed a complete lower heating element for a Heatrae Sadia yesterday and now the customer is saying that the new element is not working at all, only the boost element works! No other symptoms on cylinder, however the customer queried why i had to do a draindown as the last engineer changed the higher element immersion stat in 20 minutes. I tried to explain the difference but he was havin none of it! So i unscrewed the element to prove water would come out, which it did. The wires got wet and my theory is thats the problem.

He says he tried it this morning and switched everything back on but said it did not trip out. He said he reset the programmer but nothing! I cannot in good conscience drive 50 miles out my way if i dont know what the problem is. If i did i would. This is a Home serve contract by the way. All ideas welcome, cheers:(.

only thing i can think is faulty stat have had in past new ones not work,its a pain to travel that far.whats it like subbing for homeserve,got offered to sub for them,but got a gut feeling they might be a pain to do work for,what they like at paying,are prices tight,stopped doing it for bg as they got to tight on prices

it sounds to me like its the thermostat. had the same problem recently. someone had fit a new immersion heater and it stopped working that night. a change of thermostat soon fixed it.

Thanks guys, ill go tomorrow armed with a new stat, even if its not the stat ill keep it as a spare!

In answer to your question, Homeserve pay reasonably well and like any company they use computers so there are minor problems, for example i was called today about a job i apparently did yesterday in Bradford. Well i live in South Wales and its closer to get to France than to Bradford, so i dont know where they got that from.

You need to be specific about the areas that you want to work, ie give them the post code area that you want to work in or they'll ring you up asking you to do jobs on Mars.

Also, if they text you a job number and you decide to take it i'd ring the customer first and make sure they still want you, also get details of potential problem. They were about to send me on a 3 hour journey to a guy in North Wales when i decided to ring him and he said he'd changed his mind. I dont think you get comp for callouts where the customer is a no show.

As for payments, so far so good. :D

Pull the stat off & check resistance across element terminals- should be between 18 & 20 ohms on a new one. If element Tests ok then look at stat or supply as the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock