Currently reading:
Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap

Discuss Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
We have a small utility cupboard for a washing machine with a standard washing machine waste kit installed as shown. Excuse my poor draughtsmanship. For complicated reasons we need to raise the floor as shown but this means we obviously need to raise the washing machine waste trap.

The shaded area is how the team of builders that built the bathroom section, which is an extension on a beam and block floor, left things. I am not precisely sure of the below ground arrangement but they did put in the soil stack as shown. There is a shower and w c not shown. The w. machine waste actually joins up with the shower waste before joining the soil pipe.

Then the plumber took over and installed the washing machine waste kit.

After researching for issues of self siphoning etc before I raise the P trap it looked as though the installation is more of an S trap than a P trap due to the downward bend immediately after the P trap. In fact if I raise the P trap as I mean to, just by a few inches, there will be an additional step, I don't see any other way of doing it.

But in any case it seems to me there should be a local AAV just after the P trap. Is that correct? But I can't find any washing machine waste kits that incorporate one.

Attachments

• Waste stack image.jpg
    Waste stack image.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 12

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock