Currently reading:
what central heating boiler to use

Discuss what central heating boiler to use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

240cc

Hi just buying an old 6 bed house and need to no what is a good make of boiler to fit, i also want to use a pressurised tank (ie megaflow or gledhll )
Thanks

I'd go with Vaillant and also if budget can't go for that I would go for the new Glow Worm. They are usually around £200 cheaper.
Everybody has their own favourite based on no call backs.

See what I mean - we've all got our favourites based on no call backs on our own experiences!
Again, I say Vaillant if you can afford it. Glow worm if not.
Chemical flush and Inhibitor absolutely important whatever boiler you choose.
Cheaper in the long run.

See what I mean - we've all got our favourites based on no call backs on our own experiences!
Again, I say Vaillant if you can afford it. Glow worm if not.
Chemical flush and Inhibitor absolutely important whatever boiler you choose.
Cheaper in the long run.

the performas in particler are a little to well behaved

I have heard a lot of good reports about both Glow warm & Vaillant never heard of Remeha, Iam a carpet & floorlayer and just doing a right big house looked at what they have used
and it is a Vokera conex pro with 2 gledhill tanks so thought that was way forward but after you guys have said Vaillant think i will look at that
Thanks for your inputs
if any you guys want any flooring or carpet just pm me and i will try to help

remeha are the up and coming boilers - registered installer fit a magna clean and 5 yrs warranty - doddle to fit - quiet running and compact.

look them up massive european firm broag remeha.

Whatever you do end up fitting ensure you get the best controls you can. Don't fall for the standard timeclock & roomstat old hat and waste of money. I would use a Vaillant or Viessmann set up for what you are looking at full weather compensation controls and unvented cylinder from the same manufacturers much easier to control and less hassle with installation.

remeha broag every time, the only boilers i fit they look nice, really really quiet never had a call back to one, 5 year warrantee, stainless steel heat exchanger, really light to lift, glowworm don't even come close, worcester too dear & a aluminium/silicon heat exchanger, as for unvented look at ariston ok they have a separate expansion vessel but all the water in the cylinder is useable, good prices & only 505mm wide

I think an equally interesting question would be the opposite.

Which boiler would you not fit !!

Then again I'll repeat the story of local merchant who when asked by a customer which boiler would be the best to fit? He replied;

"Depends what you mean. If you mean whats the best boiler for you to fit so that you're always coming back here for spares, I'd say Ravenheat, but if you meant which boiler would I fit in my own house so its reliable - and based on the number of times the gas lads come in here for spares I'd say Vaillant"

i get called out to a lot of baxis, worcestors, glow worms and ideals

but i would say thats because theyre the most popular brands and there are thousands of them in my area.

the times ive been called out to the worcestor 28 si2 is ridiculous but every tom dick and harry have them. they are problematic boilers though.

Vaillants can have their problems too if the system is old as their microbore heat exchanger blocks too easily for my taste - even after a comprehensive powerflush. Having said that though I rarely fit anything else. Recently fitted a vaillant system boiler along with the vaillant pressurised hot water cylinder and Ebus controls. What a package that is! Allows you to have an appropriate radiator temperature, yet at the same time will crank the boiler temp right up when heating the hot water so that the reheat is minimised. Been in six months and the customer hasn't stopped grinning yet!

Recently fitted a vaillant system boiler along with the vaillant pressurised hot water cylinder and Ebus controls. What a package that is! Allows you to have an appropriate radiator temperature, yet at the same time will crank the boiler temp right up when heating the hot water so that the reheat is minimised.
You can do the same with any Remeha; and you don't have to use Remeha controls.

If the housing association react badly to being called out again, explain to them that you'll get your own engineer in - and if he diagnoses a fault they will be liable for the work.

intergas boilers, less to go wrong, less parts to break, nice big bore pipe thro heat exchanger, wont block up with muck, great to install as a combi as you can pop them in on day one and leave it working on hw and pop back the next day to finish the ch circuit. priced like remehas, and they were my favourite until i had issues with an open vented model that is giving problemswith a noisy heat exchanger, however its more down to customer issues and their lack of following instructions. still intergas look to be the bees knees at present

You can do the same with any Remeha; and you don't have to use Remeha controls.

Been looking at Remeha recently. I need to put a boiler in my middle-of-the-moors house to compliment stuff already installed and it has to go into a 410mm space. Vaillant won't do that without being 'attended to' by an angle grinder first, and as a bonus if I am trying to sell customers on a boiler they have never heard of it looks good if I have one in my own place. Maybe I'll post my impressions when I get around to taking the casing off one.

intergas boilers, less to go wrong, less parts to break, nice big bore pipe thro heat exchanger, wont block up with muck, great to install as a combi as you can pop them in on day one and leave it working on hw and pop back the next day to finish the ch circuit. priced like remehas, and they were my favourite until i had issues with an open vented model that is giving problemswith a noisy heat exchanger, however its more down to customer issues and their lack of following instructions. still intergas look to be the bees knees at present
Those Intergas do look very interesting I might give one of them a whirl, otherwise I agree with Tackleburger Viessmann or Vaillant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock