Currently reading:
What is bebeath this "stopcock" hatch?

Discuss What is bebeath this "stopcock" hatch? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Just in front of my house is this iron cover with "stopcock" on it (see attached photo)

However, when I lift the lid and look inside there is apparently not a stopcock, but some sort of a vertical metal structure with a cable attached to it. Can anyone tell me what it is? The void was partially filled with sand, most of which I have scooped out. Is the sand supposed to be there, or did it just get washed in from the garden?

I am asking because I am contemplating siting and air source heat pump nearby. Would this feature be an impediment?

Attachments

• Stop-Cock-01.jpg
    Stop-Cock-01.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Stop-Cock-02.jpg
    Stop-Cock-02.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 13

You're visiting the Plumbing Advice website, PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for visiting PlumbersForums.net, part of the untoldmedia network of companies.

Thanks for visiting Plumbing Advice forum, PlumbersForums.net. Find Plumbing Jobs, Find a Plumber, Find a Gas Engineer. Then there's bathroom advice, shower how-to forum, wetroom questions and answers board | kitchen advice | central heating advice - and more

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

New Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock