Currently reading:
Advice on new-build water heating system

Discuss Advice on new-build water heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ralsmith1

I'm halfway through building a 50sqm bungalow in London. It will be highly insulated so I won't need a heating system too much. At some point I may install a solar water heater or a air source heat pump

I want to use wet underfloor heating but I'm unsure how to combine this with my hot water.

I am thinking about using two cylinders - 80l for UFH and 150l for my hot water - both with a high absorbtion coil in them. (possibly using standard insulated copper cylinders with the coils retro-fitted.)

Can anyone advise me what type/make of cylinder (vented/un etc) and coils to use. Also if there are any particular gas boilers that are more efficient than the competition.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Manco, copper cylinders are the ones i like, and built to your own requirements.

use an unvented cylinder, for lots of bonus reasons

you only need 1 cylinder!! your underfloor coil is generally connected to your boiler primary.

if you have solar, heat pumps, and boiler, then your system design is going to become important. ask a couple of local plumbers for a quote.

if you design and install yourself, us plumbers tend to become reluctant to work on and maintain the system at a reasonable cost!!

good luck
shaun

underfloor and heatpump-perfect.maybe emmersion then to top up d h water temps.solar would work wonders for summer months when underfloor may be turned off.

If your interested in producing cheap hot water and a green alternative I can highly recommend the ecocent unventedhot water cylinder this particular cylinder has an air source heat pump fitted on top and uses 810 watts of electricity to heat your water, it can also be used in conjuction with solar, if you would like more details let me know.
Regards
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on new-build water heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock