Currently reading:
Ariston STI 150, unvented indirect cylinder.

Discuss Ariston STI 150, unvented indirect cylinder. in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My house (old) has a heating system installed with a Protech Anti corrosion system, I don't know how old the cylinder is, which is showing signs of rust from around the Protech box! I can see the outside skin of the cylinder is thin mild steel, but thought the core was stainless steel? Is such corrosion usual, and how can I age the cylinder, (the label was not filled in by the installer). I am trying to ascertain if/when I will need a new cylinder fitted. The rest of the system is fairly new (boiler and controls 3 years old).ps I would get one installed by a qualified agent and am aware of the Regulations. Thanks Roger.

From memory the early Ariston cylinders were enamel lined mild steel so you could well have a problem. If that's the case I would replace A S A P.
Thanks for your advise, I did try contacting Ariston Customer (Non) Service, to find out how old the cylinder was or info as how to date the cylinder... still waiting. If Ariston are this helpful, I am not sure their aftercare would be up to much, so what makes are considered long lasting replacement cylinders.

Reply to Ariston STI 150, unvented indirect cylinder. in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back