Currently reading:
Bath waste box

Discuss Bath waste box in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Could anybody explain this waste box under a bath,
being honest I have never seen one of these before
the waste from the bath goes in & out of this box then into a soil stack but has no power to it so it is not pumping the waste away?
can anyone explain this?

Attachments

• 20210326_144009.jpg
    20210326_144009.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 31
It's not, by any chance, connected to any other pipework other than the waste is it? If so, it could be some kind of heat recovery device to save energy when you run a shower.

I'm probably totally wrong! Never seen one like that either.

Where do them flexis go ?

the flex pipes are not connected to it or any thing to do with it they just go to a basin which has a separate waste

basin above the bath ? The silver braided flexi pipes to the right of the unit ?

Wish I could come over and have a nose. Intrigued! Is the box as wide as the bath, or is it narrow?
Hi
I went to this job as a call out to a leak
the box is the same width as the bath
the waste pipe from the bath trap go into the box then comes out the other side then goes into a soil stack with no power or any other pipes on the box, so is one waste pipe in & one out that's it, I have never even seen one for sale any ideas?

If it was on a waste likely to have grease down it, it could have been a grease trap, except it's not been put in with maintenance in mind, not that all proper grease traps are either.

It looks to be a proper bit of kit as the lid has many screws in it closing onto a seal presumably.

I've seen similarly thin pump units under shop refrigerated cabinets for the condenstate drain, but they only have a tiny pump in and wouldn't handle the volume from a bath.
They only have a tiny discharge pipe as well
Dairy-Cabinet-Pump.jpg

Reply to Bath waste box in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back