Currently reading:
Best Van for a Plumber?

Discuss Best Van for a Plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robdavis

I'm looking for opinions about the best vans for plumbers out there on the market today.

If you could let me know which make / model engine etc you feel is good and why, maybe this thread could become useful to others out there.

I'd like my van to be big enough to carry around tools, spares and maybe the odd appliance, but not too big. Also, adaptable for roof bars etc.

Thanks.

"Big enough to carry around tools ... but not too big."

That's the dilemma and why I don't think there's an ideal van.

I had a Transit Connect (LWB) and now have a small Transit which I'm really happy with. I only get a full 3m length of pipe(s) in because I had a chunk of the bulkhead cut out but I can get a few full sheets of wood in on their sides quite easily.

The next poster will probably go on about how good his Vauxhall ??? is.

Followed by that chappie who's had a Renault ??? for nearly 350 years.

Then the bloke with his grandpa's Ford Granada estate will say you don't need a van.

Not forgetting the country bumpkin plumber who only goes to farms and has a Land Rover because (when his flamin' Land Rover hasn't broken down) nothing else copes with the tracks and farmyards.

This post has probably done nothing to help you in anyway but I enjoyed scribbling it out!!!

I am a fan of VW's.

dontknowitall, I suppose it really does come down to preference and there isn't one perfect van out there.

I think it's still a good idea to hear people's opinions though! At least it's a good impression of a range of vans out there.

Thanks for input.

LOL - and you don't know how true that statement is!! (Not vans or vehicles, but life in general, especially organisations.)

about to cut a hole in the bulkhead to slide pipes inside and not on the roof of my vivaro, 07 plate, its basic but works well - has a renault engine and english driver. I'd really like a VW but this option was cheaper.

Get one with no back windows and a seperate section for the back I paid the price yesteday when had £200 makita gone with broken window, that was a citroen berlingo. What about a transit connect anyone got one?
DFD67465-8F71-B9AF-A211-C6B205045DB6

We have a landrover (defender)and yes it is often broken it is also usless at fitting anything in. The transit vans of
various ages 1-5 years are fine but we also use a Citroen dispatch which is long roomy and VERY economical.

centralheatking

Toyota Hiace Powervan for me, been a real work horse and never let me down.

Love the new VW Caddy but for me its too small as i need to get 8x4 sheets in.

i have a vauxhall it is rubbish,had loads of problems its on borrowed time

Last edited by a moderator:
Have SWB transit : rusting like a WC radiator !!(second one )
Astra van : A bit small , on its second engine but its OK
Im ashamed to say I bought a new C15 had it 1 year and sold it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best Van for a Plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back