Discuss Cannot turn towel rail off in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

S coleman

I have a heated towel rail in both the upstairs and the downstairs bathroom. The one upstairs is super hot all of the time. I bought the house a year ago and I knew this radiator was plumbed into the hot water but I only have the hot water coming on in the mornings but this towel rail stays really hot all the time. The 2 knobs on the bottom seem to just spin when I turn them without actually opening or closing a valve. I took one of them off and there is a nut I can get a wrench on but cannot budge and then a little knob below it that has a screw on the bottom but again, when I screw it’s anti clockwise nothing happens. Any help would be great appreciated.

Reply to Cannot turn towel rail off in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I have a water filled towel rail which has been working for several years. It is now getting very hot and making a noise. Do these loose water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, please could anyone help me with the following issue im having. I will start off with listing the scenario in case it helps. Boiler -...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Back