Currently reading:
Do you recognise this sound?

Discuss Do you recognise this sound? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve been hearing a noise for some time in one room of my flat - it’s like a regular tapping/knocking sound that comes and goes intermittently. The boiler is in the middle of the flat and the flue and pipes run in the void at the top (flue) and bottom (pipes) of the wall where the noise is coming from. The layout of the flats above and below is the same.

I’ve had my boiler checked and it’s fine. My upstairs’ neighbours’ boiler has been leaking for some time (the overflow pipe for their boiler runs along this wall above my ceiling). They’ve had the pressure relief valve replaced but the overflow pipe outside still drips almost constantly. Am I right in thinking that it shouldn’t drip like this?

They are tenants and are at the mercy of the letting agent. I’m becoming that annoying neighbour who complains all the time. It’s been going on for about 2 months now and stops me from sleeping so my patience is wearing thin. Does it sound potentially related to a problem with their boiler? We have concrete floors and their boiler man though it wasn’t the source of my noise (though while their boiler is still leaking I can’t rule it out as the source). My neighbours say they hear nothing. Could there be another source for the sound?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Reply to Do you recognise this sound? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back