Currently reading:
Dodgy plumbing?

Discuss Dodgy plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muscle750

In my previous posts ive said ive had no confidence in the plumbing over the last 3 months of having the house extended now tonight is the first night we are back in the bedroom after 3 months of dossing in the kitchen, tonight i discover that the heated towel rail is heated at all tried to bleed it without success there is water there but not much pressure (combi fed) tried valves again nothing plus when you flush the new en suite toilet which is connected to the original stench pipe and with a valve fitted when its flushed it very nearly comes over the top of the toilet !! The one thing that said it for me was when he bolted a load of flexis straight off the bottom of the boiler:eek: and then turned round when i told him he was to collect his stuff and i was getting the work inspected that these where only "Temporary" basically to me he didnt have a clue and as he was a subby for the builder i told him i didnt want him back and yet was informed hes ok. Now if he has plumbed it wrong its gonna cost him big time as weve just put down a new tiled floor in the bathroom and a new ceiling 16ft x 11 ft under it !!!
Builders coming tomorrow for his last payment thinks hes going to a be abit disapointed.

was any of this work inspected by building control officer,did you have approval for works,did you ask for and take up refferences,

Yesll inspectednd planning consent etc hes coming at 12pm gonna be interesting i think. This morning my wife came out the shower near screaming as the water was so hot it transpires that the cold doesnt make any difference whatsoever even with it set to full cold its so hot you cant put your hand under it.

Without being rude, why on earth have you let it go this far ? As you said you already thought the plumbing was badly done and yet you've let the builder carry on and finish the job, new floors and ceilings etc, all the time suspecting that it was going to end badly.
You've just set yourself up for a huge amount of aggro now, the plumber may be liable but do you want to chase him through the courts if he refuse to sort it out. Likewise with the builder.
I'm not trying to excuse them for their poor work but you do have to shoulder some of the blame if you didn't stop this sooner.

End of day they touch it they own it another plumber came earlier and has now hopefully sorted it Stuck valves and air locks and toilet emptyiing down to no vent in boxed in section housing soil stack valve on stack but no vent causing vaccumn...........time will tell

Then surely this works in your favour, the builder has overall responsibility?

I had an extension built, I didn't deal with the subcontractors at all. Any problems I had went through the company, it was the builders job to liase with the rest.

Surely, your contract is with the builder? Has the bill been paid in full? I agree with NickH, I think its been allowed to get out of hand a little.

The trouble you may have is getting someone else in to do the work, they're going to be up against it straight away; not only with the works carried out so far but with a possible "customer attitude" no matter how understandable, it can be difficult.

Plumber promised today to turn up fit new valve to heated towel rail and sort vent etc and guess what ...................he didnt . Thing is the builder subbed the plumber who he called saturday saying "Get round there and sort it" he then subbed it again and another plumber came doesnt exactly install confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dodgy plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock