Currently reading:
Does this trap look right?

Discuss Does this trap look right? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Folks,

Could you help please, I've had a new wet room installed with what I think is a McAlpine trap but there it looks to me like there is a part missing - there appears to be a gap where hair and scum and grunge can and is building up and I don't see how it can be cleaned very easily.

Is there a piece missing do you think, like the one in the attached exploded view of the trap?

Any help would be very much appreciated before I accept the job as finished.

Attachments

• 20220520_152408.jpg
    20220520_152408.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220520_152417.jpg
    20220520_152417.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 25
  • peice missing.png
    peice missing.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 28
I think the part you have mentioned is for installers to prevent anything falling down, such as broken tile, adhesive etc. You should have the grille part, do you?
I have the grill - it just seems like there must be a seal or something missing as I can't see how anyone would design a trap which has crevices and holes that can catch crud and can't easily be cleaned. I can see all that crud through the grate, it looks minging and it's a few weeks old.

Reply to Does this trap look right? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock