Currently reading:
Domestic or commercial?

Discuss Domestic or commercial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dogsbe

Hi Guys,

I need a little advice as I am getting some conflicting information.

Basically, I am having a small coffee roaster installed in the dinning area of my restaurant and dropping down a liner down the chimney.

I had a commercial gas man to have a look and he said that I need a domestic engineer. I called a domestic engineer, gas safe, and he is happy to do the job. However, my chimney guy is saying that the gasman needs a commercial ticket.

I am thinking that I need a domestic engineer because the the dinning room does not have a commercial air extractor. Can somebody point me in the right direction or at least how to check?

Thanks,
Jonathan

If you have a commercial gas meter/pipework you need a commercial engineer.
You do not get taught anything about coffee roasters on domestic so that would lead me to think you need a commercial catering engineer.
Ring GasSafe and ask them.

Just get a mate who works for council in! Domestics know nothing of this. But a commercial catering bloke will cost you, mostly in damaged and scratched appliances.

i think you'll find commercial gas fitters to be gentle :D we used to have them at work in the kitchens but they ended up ripping them out and putting electric tea boilers in instead, i only see them doing the comcat assessment these days :D

a bit conflicting but we had a vaillant ecotec plus combi within a coffee shop, basically a working coffee shop so by rights a commercial property. I was advised by our tech (i work for a large energy firm) that because the resident stayed at the property and there was living accomadation and the system was of domestic size that we could take this on policy - it was a baby system 11 rads, u6 meter usual stuff, is this correct as I think on occasions the dom/com set up is not very definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic or commercial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back