Currently reading:
Embed Plastic Polypipe in walls

Discuss Embed Plastic Polypipe in walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I am having my heating installed, the guys are using 10mm Polypipe from a manifold type setup.

We have couple of points where the pipe goes down a chased wall - is it ok to plaster straight over the 10mm polypipe - they tell me it's OK or should the pipe be embedded in trunking or is there a better way??

Aluminum tape can be used on the brickwork behind the pipe but not stuck to the pipe so the polypipe must be sensitive to wall coverings.

Believe me its not ideal but with that distance you may get away with it , bonding plaster first with a finish plaster over the top .
I have seen them with a 2 ish mm finish plaster over the pipes and it just cracks .
Your only other way is to dot and dab the wall with the pipes in the adhesive void , that system works .

Reply to Embed Plastic Polypipe in walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock