Currently reading:
Fixing Down Toilet Pan With No Fixing Holes

Discuss Fixing Down Toilet Pan With No Fixing Holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sollyhouse

Hi, I am in the middle of re-doing the down-stairs Loo, I am fitting fitted bathroom Furniture and a Back To Wall Pan............I have seen one on Ebay that looks good and was thinking of buying the pan

But looking closer at the picture I noticed that there are no fixing holes in the pan, so I gave the supplier a ring who said that it was best to fix the pan down using Silicon.

I had a search in the forums and it seems that silicon has been used before as well as cement and also other product

I just wondered if anyone had experience of fitting this type of pan and what they feel is the best method of fixing down the toilet?

BTW the pan is going to be fixed down onto marble floor tiles.

Attachments

• Pan.jpg
    Pan.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
we always silicone these. Usually on white units we would use white silicone to the unit then clear round the floor. Solid. Make sure you are competant with a silicone gun first though or you can make it look crap. Remember its not `more the better` with silicone.

Thanks for all the replys, once the silicone has gone off it wont rock will it, or move even a little?

After searching on this forum someone else also used Sealfix but have never used that before and not even sure if it
acts like silicone?

You can use a much stronger glue but if it needs to be moved at a later date it might be impossible to move without smashing it out or at least cracking it. This might end up as a total new wc as a new pan might not be found to match the system.

We use silicone too when we are installing toilets of if we have had to do a repair on a toilet that needed to move the toilet. I liked what someone said that more silicone is not always better. I find orange cleaning liquid or baby wipes very good at helping to get clean after a toilet repair here in brighton and hove.

They are normally concave underneath.
I bed them in to a mound of mortar, clear any excess and then bead with silicone.

They end up steady as a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing Down Toilet Pan With No Fixing Holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock