Currently reading:
Gas sleeve help

Discuss Gas sleeve help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

Having a debate, can you sleeve 22mm copper gas pipe with 32mm plastic waste ? Regs say you can use plastic ?

Yeh , there been Big debates but if you read BS 6891 part 8.10 it tells us that sleeves used have gotta be made by a material capable of containing gas like steel, copper or PVC,

from memory it does not mention abs, so solvent is best avoided.

also consider the fire rating of the wall.

common sense should suggest that a sleeve should be as strong or stronger than the pipe passing through it, but regs and common sense doh often agree.

as comments above say, abs waste to be avoided, but that push fit waste is ok, to be honest I use 32mm abs, I don't carry the push fit waste on the van , I keep offcuts of 32mm for this purpose...... unlike some cowboys at least I do sleeve the pipe...... don't see gas safe picking anybody up on this topic. 28mm pipe is too expensive to use as a sleeve in my opinion. and what about corrosion on the sleeve in a concrete wall??? isn't this the one of the reasons we install a sleeve along with movement and protection etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas sleeve help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back