Discuss Gasket/O-ring kitchen sink waste trap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems
To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But think waste pipe maybe clogged so would that be causing the leak as the water fills top of trap and just leaks out or is it because there isn’t any seal? My dad swears there wasn’t any seal.

• Useful
Reactions: Lou
Did you manage to solve this issue? If so please tell us how which will help future members

Reply to Gasket/O-ring kitchen sink waste trap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been trying to fix a leak from under the kitchen sink. I replaced a number of components and fixed one leak from the trap, but now have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hi, Noticed a leak in my sink and the pipe collapsed down for the P trap. So I was going to replace it all. However, i've been stuck because this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock