Currently reading:
Hello there

Discuss Hello there in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beerlover

Been lurking a few days a reading a few posts.Looking for some advice aswell.I would really love to get into plumbing i have no asspirations of earning 80k a year like some fast track course suggest.And at the age of 33 i realise it may be a tad late in life but i really want to do a job that im sure i will find rewarding and never had the chance to do when i left school due to family reasons.I also realise its going to a long road ahead and i may have to take a hit on salary so i can train on the job aswell at some point.

I have also realised that its seem that if not all of the fast track course are just a fast way to waste money.I felt if i went with my local college and im only paying a nominal fee i can still get a feel for if the work is for me without wasting thousands.

I have enrolled for a evening course in plumbing at my local college while im currently in day job in warehouse/logistics.

What i did notice was that the full time course my college offers suggests its City & Guilds NVQ Lvl 2 diploma
Where the evening course i want to attend does not mention the NVQ part.

Am i right in thinking the evening course is not reconised a NVQ as the full time would be for those that are already in employment and to gain the NVQ recognition i need to be in the trade.

And honest advice welcomed cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello there in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back