Currently reading:
Henrad vs Stelrad

Discuss Henrad vs Stelrad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smudger

Following recent post (A rad is a rad?) which got a great response, decided on Stelrad. Went to my local supplier and they stock Henrads. I know they are same company now, but Henrad seems to be more expensive than Stelrad, but specs are identical. Anyone got any idea why? To be honest the price given for the Henrads is only £10 more than the cheapest online Stelrad price I can find on the whole order, so will go with that as greater piece of mind. Just wondered if there was any difference.

Following recent post (A rad is a rad?) which got a great response, decided on Stelrad. Went to my local supplier and they stock Henrads. I know they are same company now, but Henrad seems to be more expensive than Stelrad, but specs are identical. Anyone got any idea why? To be honest the price given for the Henrads is only £10 more than the cheapest online Stelrad price I can find on the whole order, so will go with that as greater piece of mind. Just wondered if there was any difference.

My local independant can supply henrads cheaper than plumb/PTS can do stelrads for.

The difference is all about distribution channels and branding.

Stelrad is generally sold to the big national merchant chains, at relatively high margins, but with a lot of support available for contract users. If you buy Stelrad, you must negotiate hard for discount. There will be lots of Stelrads reps running round talking to specifiers, housebuilders, architects etc.

Henrad is sold through distributors to independent merchants at relatively low, nett prices, but without any frills. There will probably only be about three reps across the whole country, and it will rarely be specified or go into major newbuild.

A lot of the internet dealers aren't actually stockists. They are people with good web-design skills and an account with a national merchant at very good terms. It might be a smooth-talker working out of a back-bedroom. They take the order and the money, and immediately pass the order to the national merchant, who either delivers direct to the customer, or to the web-dealer for onward shipping.

Thats fine, until there is a problem - then you are in the middle of a three cornered service problem.

There are other web-based merchants who are genuine stockists with real buildings and people.

This isn't just our trade, it happens in several different sectors. If I want to buy something on the net of high value, I sometimes look up the address on their "contact us", and then use google streetview to see whether its a huge warehouse, or a flat above a chippie. If I can't find an address, I don't order.

Dunno what PTS charge for Stelrads, but I find them pricey on the whole. I just a online search for comparison and Stelrads seem to be cheaper. Although, I would be interested to know what your guy charges for similar size just for comparison. Could I pm you the sizes and price I got?

Thanks Ray. That explains it very nicely thank you. As I said I will go with my local guy as I know they are excellent if ever there is a problem, even if it is a couple of % more. Cheers muchly

i know somebody who has an online plumbing merchants, he has no stock himself but has set prices with national chains and it all gets posted or collected from national branches etc.....

for example a mate of mine wanted a certain rad, plumbs quoted him one price. He brought it from the above mentioned website for about 15% less than plumbs quoted him. When he ordered it he somehow choose to collect it himself as he wanted it that day, he was sent to the plumbs branch he had got the orignal quote from..... full circle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Henrad vs Stelrad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock