Currently reading:
hi plumbing in woodburner + unvented cylinder

Discuss hi plumbing in woodburner + unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hopeitdontleak

Hi read in instructions that could not use pressurised cylinder with boiler stove stovax stockton8hb boiler .does this relate to heating coil inside cylinder failing ?
I got a plate heat exchanger from ebay has standard bsp connections would it be ok to have it on pumped circuit which supplys uhf and 2 towel rails and 3 small rads.It would also need its own pump to go through cylinder and heat exchanger its not directly connected to stove if goes to the heat exchanger.anyone come across this.would like to know thanks

This refers to the fact that there is no way to properly control the incoming heat to the unvented cylinder. It's a G3 thing. Unless you are trying to launch the cylinder into orbit it is not recomended. My suggestion is that you find some one who has biomass experience to give you help. Otherwise you could do some damage.

Best Advice: If you are not sure on what your doing don't do it.

Solid fuel and central heating/hot water system can be very dangerous if not designed and installed correctly.

It is possible to use an Unvented cylinder and wood burner, but you can not have the unvented vessel connected directly to the wood burning appliance. You will need to have an open vented gravity fed system from the wood burner, connected to a thermal store. It is very important that the wood burning appliance is the correct size for this. The unvented vessel is connected to the indirect side of the thermal store.

Thermal store is the normal way to go for woodburners. You can pump from it to the radiator system as well as heat the hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hi plumbing in woodburner + unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock